Saturday, August 18, 2012

Hurricane Irene August 27th-28th 2011 Post #2

I have stalked Hurricanes tracks since I was younger, I have always said I should have been a Storm Chaser! I am still Young so perhaps you never know! Pictures from the damage of Hurricane Irene follow. . .


Zak and I went to survey the damage. This is Chatham West on Oak Street...

A Near Miss . . .

OUCH ! ! !




Just Wait! It gets better!




***NOTE***
The Power lines across the Vehicles...Oak Street was closed after Chateau Westgate,
 due too downed Power Lines...
Pictures Later . . .

After dropping off Zak and grabbing a fresh set of Batteries I headed back out to D. W. Fields Park for more pictures . . .
Avon Side as was the last I went as far as the first Curve and turned to the Central Part of the Park.











Now this is a waterfall ! ! ! Now off to Tower Hill I go !
Oh! What's this I see?

Is it a downed tree blocking my path down the road ?

Yep! For sure it is...so left I go!






Yeah ! About that ! ! ! If you can't through it you must be able to go around it !







So . . .this is where the road resumes after Chateau Westgate ? ? ?

Yep definitely Closed Off ! So back through the Park I go !

Up the closed off road . . .


. . . And back to the Avon side where I see a Mother Deer and her Calf grazing...Such a refreshing sight, after the Storm Sight ! ! !

I can only imagine how they sought shelter or rode out the Hurricane ! ! ! And what they thought of seeing me after the night they must have had . . .



No comments:

Post a Comment